Saturday, February 23, 2008

Is Evil within Paul the same as the Devil within ?

A Muslim wrote:

Plus the TWO sweet Verses (Sura 19:83 and Sura 59:16). Talk and Teach us about people like paul (whom Always be possesd by the Demon if not being demon by himself) ..who said { Evil is Present Within me} ROM 7:21

Rebuttal

You are so ignorance about the difference between evil and devil. Evil = sin whereas Devil = Satan. Evil is not the same as devil.

Romans 7:19-20 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil (Greek "kakos" for bad, evil, worthless) is present with me.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man

Saint Paul was talking about the fallen nature of man, the old Adam within him which he struggled within to do good while he delighted in God's law.

Now the Greek word for devil is "diabolos" and it is obvious different from "kakos".

1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil (Greek "diabolos" for Satan, devil, false accuser); for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Saint Paul declared Jesus as his Lord which means Master.

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Saint Paul had the Holy Spirit of God because He confessed Jesus as Lord.

Act 9:29 And he (Paul) spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed forevermore, knoweth that I lie not.

1Ti 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

Can anyone call Jesus Lord without the Holy Spirit? Try it yourself and see you can do it saying "Jesus is my Lord". Obviously one cannot open the mouth to confess Jesus as Lord without the help of the Holy Spirit. I had tried before and it was real difficult. Now I can do so freely with the help of the Holy Spirit indeed.

Angel of God also called Jesus as the Lord. It is therefore not an exaltation of Paul alone to address Jesus as the Lord:-
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord (Greek "kurios" for God, Lord, Master) lay. (Matthew 28-5-6)


What is law and sin? There is no sin without the law.

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1John 3:5 And ye know that he (Jesus) was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
James 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Lord Jesus is sinless and able to take away the sins of the whole world. Believe in Jesus that He died for your sins without which there is no redeemer.

No comments: